The goal of the Local Management Board for Children's & Family Services of Kent County is to serve and strengthen families in our local communities through creative programs and activities developed by and for the residents of Kent County. The way we do that is to listen to community members like you!
The duties and responsibilities of the LMB include collaborative planning and decision making with regard to the following:
- Contracting with public and private agencies to provide interagency services. LMB contracts ensure the provision for non-categorical, family-focused, community-based, culturally relevant, outcomes-based programs/services. (LMB’s are not direct service providers).
- Developing and implementing a community plan which includes creating/expanding the local community-based service delivery system for children and their families.
- Coordinating children and family services within Kent County, to eliminate fragmented and/or duplicated services.
- Planning, goal setting, developing, funding, implementing and monitoring services to children and families in Kent County.
- Shifting the programmatic focus to prevention and early intervention services.
- Strengthening the decision-making capacity at a local level.
- Galvanizing resources available to support children and families in their communities.
The LMB Policies and Procedures Manual can be found online at